Tuesday 1 January 2008

Wisdom and Knowledge

Below, I mention the differeence I perceive between education where we think and training where we learn.

When I was at school, I remember puzzling over how people became Wise. Was this the same as being clever and the same as knowing a lot?

I realised that wisdom was different to the other two and now I might even be able to distinguish beween the latter.

Wisdom requires time. Time to reason and arrive at general conclusions.

I was fortuneate to have loads of time. Before, during and after school. From an early age, three, I loved puzzles. I got so good at mine that i did them upside down using the hints given by the grain of the plywood. Latter I loved my rubber mini bricks - now featured in the Museum of Childhood at Bethnal green, London http://www.vam.ac.uk/moc/search/index.html?cx=014791250815825511638%3Asqtf5bs22vw&cof=FORID%3A11&q=mini+bricks&go=go#147

Lunch - to be continued!

No comments: