Monday 14 April 2008

Is ICTOPUS actually damaging for your health?

I've just returned from a break away when for some of the time I sat and relaxed and reflected.

A thought struck me that perhaps having an organisation that has a magazine that claims to "Share Good Practice" is counter-productive.

I am reminded of Doctor Spock's reflections on his book - "The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care" to help young American Mums as they sought to bring up their children.

He came to realise that Mexican families who had not seen or ignored the book were doing a much better job than the followers of his book.

This hinged on their feelings of self confidence. Mexicans confident - Americans lacking confidence and feeling they always needed to consult his book to check that they were doing it 'right'.

There are possibly parallels with an organisation like ICTOPUS that tries to help Primary School Teachers.

True?

I shall be exploring this further!

No comments: